Family First Adviser
Our Family First Advisor, Mrs Marie Poxon
Marie is a member of the All Saints team and is in school Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm to support children and families in a number of ways including:-
- Act as liaison between home and school nurse.
- Support with completing application forms for Reception places.
- Adult support with accessing services from other agencies such as health, children’s centres or housing.
- On-hand advice or questions which she can find out information for you.
- Works in partnership with Mrs Beech to monitor attendance.
- Accompanies people, on request, to visit secondary schools.
- Makes home visits to welcome new families or support families needing more support.
- Can access support from other agencies on your behalf to support parenting.
- Can help to access adult learning classes.
- Act as a liaison with school meal services should you need information.
- Is a trained visit leader so accompanies some school trips and visits.
- Is an ambassador for any young carers we have in school and co-ordinates any help or support they might need.
- Works in partnership with Mrs Beech to co-ordinate the Leading Parents Partnership Awards (LPPA).
- Is an active member of the LPPA working party.
- Is a trained, experienced member of the school safeguarding team.
- Liaises with children’s services teams and attends child in need, early help or team around the family meetings.
- Quality controls and co-ordinates Base 25 mentoring and play therapy sessions for children.
- Supports pastoral care and mentoring for our children.
You can often catch Marie on the school gate or of course can make an appointment by calling the school office on 0121 567 0033.